I hope this message finds you well.
From the start of the school year, we have committed to ensuring the safety of our students, both physically and emotionally.
For the last month, we have been using GoGuardian to help monitor student’s online activity as well as proactively address behavior issues or concerns.
On September 24th, we are excited to announce that we will enable GoGuardian Parent, which is an app that gives parents and guardians the opportunity to also monitor their children’s browsing activity, as well as control over school-issued devices during out-of-school hours.
It is our goal that by providing parents with additional insight will spur a greater sense of accountability with students and nurture continued responsible browsing habits at school and at home by:
- Providing a bird’s eye view of students’ browsing habits
- Providing controls during out-of-school hours
- Facilitating a collaborative role with school educators based on a student’s best academic interest.
- Encouraging parents to engage with their children’s online activity.
- Creating a path for open and honest conversation around topics that occur in a child’s browsing behavior.
So what exactly are we giving guardians access to?
- Top 5 summary of student browsing – apps, extensions, documents, and websites visited
- Teacher interventions – showing how often teachers locked screens, blocked sites, and opened and closed browser tabs on their students’ classroom devices
- 30-day view of websites, videos, documents, apps, and extensions
- Ability to block websites on school-issued devices during out-of-school hours
- Ability to pause internet access on school-issued devices during out-of-school hours, either on-demand or at a scheduled time
You can expect to receive a notification today so you can download the app and begin viewing your student’s information.
If you have any questions, you can contact our Director of Operations, Robert Vidana, by email at email@example.com or by phone at (323) 399-2601.
Head of School